Candle Care Scenter
We desire for your Enerlight Candles to provide tranquility while inspiring you to be your authentic self. Filling your space with beautiful luxurious fragrances that inspire peace, strength, creativity, relaxation & LOVE. Please read our Candle Care Scenter Rules below on ways to do this safely.
- When lighting for the first time burn until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of vessel (this prevents tunneling and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’) This may take up to 2-4 hours.
- Trim wick to ¼ of an inch before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle more than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim the candle wick after each burn. This is especially important to prevent the candles from smoking on the next burn or from burning the sides of the glass. We recommend trimming them to 1/4th before lighting every time. Invest in a good pair of wick trimmers that will cut and remove the excess wick cleanly.
- If soot ever forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame is not controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- To maximize scent throw, burn in desired space for 30 mins with the door closed. Open windows, fans & doors will disperse scent.
- Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting.
- Remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water.
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Leave a minimum of a ½ inch of non-molten wax at the bottom.
- Never leave candle unattended.